Friday, September 28, 2007

Food For Thought

So, here what's circling around in my mind. At what point does God's House of Prayer turn into a den of thieves? I've been noticing things happening at churches that are disturbing to me. There have been times when I have been in a church and have been very uncomfortable with the things taking place. Not that the things happening, in and of themselves, are somehow wrong or evil, but in the context of a church they make me uncomfortable. So, where's the line?
What happens if we only allowed Christ-centered, Christ-honoring things to happen in our churches? If we allow things to take place at the church that aren't necessarily "Christian" where does the line get drawn? Is it only God's house on Sundays?
I'm just doing some honest thinking out loud here. I don't have any answers. I am open to hearing other people's ideas here.
I really think it has to line up with God's Word and Character for me to be able feel comfortable with it.
I hope this gets you thinking.

1 comment:

Sharon Brown said...

Okay, I'm going to try this because I've heard that several people are trying to post comments, but I don't see any. I will let you know what's going on.
Thanks! Sharon