Monday, December 10, 2007

There is None Like You

The words of the song prompted me to look up scriptures pertaining to the phrase, "None like You". What I came up with is a powerful list of scriptures that reiterate over and over that the God of Jacob is like none other. What a great knowledge to have! In times of trouble or distress, in times of pain and sorrow what can comfort you better than knowing that the God you serve is like no other! Below are the scriptures I found. I pray they give you an awesome perspective of our God!
Ex.8:10 "And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God."
Ex. 9:14 "For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth."
Ex 15:11 "Who is like unto thee, O Lord, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?"
Deut. 4:35, 39 "Unto thee it was shewes, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else."
Deut. 33:26 " There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky."
I Sam. 2:2 "There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God."
II Sam 7:22 "Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
I Kings 8:60 "That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and there is none else."
I Chron. 17:20 "O Lord, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."
Isaiah 45:5, 6 "I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else."
Is. 45: 18, 21, 22 "For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else. Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together who hath declared this from ancient time? have not I the Lord? and there is nor God else beside me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: For I am God, and there is none else."
Is. 46:9 " Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, "
Jer. 10: 6, 7 "Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might. Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee."
Joel 2:27 "And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed."

These words have encouraged my heart, and I hope they do the same for you.


No comments: