Thursday, January 22, 2009

Faith is the Victory

It's been a rough couple of days for me. It's been hard to keep the tears from my eyes. I'm not just upset because I didn't vote for Barak Obama, but I'm deeply saddened because I feel that we as Americans have crossed a line. Integrity is no longer something we want in our leaders, and that can only mean destruction for our society.
But today, as the tears were running down my face, I heard a small voice of song in my heart. It's the hymn by John Yates, and the words are as follows:
Encamped along the hills of light
Ye Christian soldiers rise
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies
Against the foe in vales below
Let all our strength be hurled
Faith is the victory we know
That overcomes the world
His banner over us is love
Our sword the Word of God
We tread the road the saints above
with shouts of triumph trod
By faith they like a whirlwinds breath
Swept on o're every field
The faith by which they conquer'd death
Is still our shining shield
To him that oversomes the foe
White rainment shall be giv'n
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in Heav'n
Then onward from the hill of light
Our hearts with love aflame
We'll vanquish all the host of night
In Jesus' conqur'ing name
Faith is the victory
Faith is the victory
O glorious victory
That overcomes the world

These words remind me not to fix my eyes on what I see here on earth. Faith is my victory!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

God is so in control. I was upset also about Obama being President. But, we know that God's hand is in it all.