Friday, January 1, 2010

An Open Letter

I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the person/persons called "Servants of the Lord." For everyone else, let me explain.
On Wednesday, December 23, Fedex delivered an envelope addressed to my husband and me. When we opened it, there was a Christmas card inside. Inside the Christmas card were two money orders. The card read, "Chris and Sharon After praying, this is how the Lord led. God bless."
I was stunned, and burst into tears. I felt so humbled that someone would do this, and grateful to the Lord. Not to mention that this is the second financial blessing God has provided to us. Immediately, the Lord brought to my mind the many times both my husband and I have blessed others. I felt like God was showing me that He knows, and He leads and directs. There have been many years, especially at Christmas, that we have blessed others financially. While that wasn't the case this year; God knew what a blessing like this would mean to us.
This person/persons made it clear that they did not want their identity to be discovered, so I respect your wishes. I will admit, I wanted to figure it out for a time, but then laid that thought to rest. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
This incident has not only affected my life, but also my children's lives. When I showed them the card, they were blown away. When I began to talk to them about other times when God had led us to bless others in a similar way, they began to see that this can be a way of life. We hadn't always told our kids the stories when we blessed other people, but the older ones are teenagers and this has made an impression on their lives. They can see God at work in specific ways and meeting needs before they arise.
This has been a difficult holiday season for us. We lost a dear friend, and my daughter lost her great-grandmother. Through all of that, God has remained faithful. And He always will be faithful!
As this New Year opens, I encourage you to be sensitive to the leading of the Lord. You never know how your obedience will bless others.

No comments: